Thesis on Gender Inequality
|« The Happy Man by Naguib Mahfouz||Where to Get a Quality Research Paper? »|
Gender inequality remains a serious issue today since it creates multiple difficulties for the well-being of most women. These difficulties include lack of rights, gender stereotypes, workplace discrimination, pay gaps, financial issues, domestic violence, and many others. If you need to write a thesis on gender inequality, you should do a profound research, evaluate the data, review the problem you have stated, and include your point of view. Below you can find a list of topics and aspects that you can consider in your thesis.
- Lack of economic and political power. Men commonly have more financial opportunities and dominate in politics. Moreover, due to the gender inequality, some of the women’s rights are affected by men. The examples to that are paid sick leave, child care questions, birth control access, and equal wages – the female questions that are mostly discussed by men.
- Gender roles and stereotypes. Gender stereotypes have existed throughout the history and were influenced by biological factors. For instance, women are capable of giving birth to children and, as a result, a woman's competence is generally associated with caring and nurturing. This role determines the choice of profession in the service sector. Meanwhile, since men are believed to be workers and bread-makers, they commonly have economically valuable jobs that are paid better. The concept of the wage gap, when men get higher wages than women even if they do the same job, is also common. Moreover, women also frequently face the issue of glass ceiling, which means that they cannot go higher on the career ladder at some workplaces.
- Social issues associated with gender inequality. Physically and psychologically, women are believed to be weaker. As a result, they become the victims of domestic violence more frequently.
- How gender inequality can be managed. It can be done by numerous ways, including:
- Popularization of family planning campaigns to allow women to decide how many children they want to have
- Prevention of illegal or unsafe abortions
- Provision of women with reproductive and sexual rights
- Sexual education as well as education on ways to prevent HIV, AIDS, undesired pregnancy, violence, and other issues
- Popularization of "male" jobs, such as technologies, engineering, and computer science in female surroundings
Here are some final tips that will allow you to write an excellent thesis on gender inequality:
Category: Research Writing Help